1. Whom this notice applies to
The Privacy Notice was last changed on June 5th, 2018.
2. Why we collect the information
We collect, store, and use your personal information (the “information”) to allow, facilitate, and improve access to www.bettingbuddies.com (the “website”) and all related services, and for the purposes set out in more detail in section 4.
3. Legal requirements
We are required to collect parts of the information in order to comply with certain legal obligations, including, but not limited to, anti-fraud and know your customer (“KYC”) laws. If such information is not provided, we cannot agree to provide a product or service for you.
We may also collect the information and disclose it to law enforcement bodies or regulatory authorities upon reasonable request thereby, or pursuant to defending a legal claim.
We will retain information related to an investigation or a dispute until the issue is resolved.
4. What information we collect and how we use it
(a) We may collect the following information from users:
- IP address;
- device information (e.g. operating system, device identifiers, and mobile network system);
- hardware and browser settings;
- requests made;
- time and date of requests;
- the pages visited and search terms used;
- location information;
- email address;
- date of birth;
- any personal information posted on our social media accounts;
- any personal information provided when users enter our contests and giveaways;
- whether our emails were received and whether hyperlinks therein were accessed;
- marketing preferences.
4(b) We may use the information to:
- alter and develop new services based on: the information collected, user behavior, and users’ technical capabilities;
- improve our services to better suit the behaviors and technical capabilities of the users;
- identify issues with the website;
- monitor the way the website is used (including, but not limited to, access points, access methods, and peak usage times);
- enter into and complete any and all contracts we enter into with users, including but not limited to providing prizes won by users in our contests and giveaways; and
- make the advertising we show you on the website more relevant and interesting to you.
- For this purpose, we use third-party tools (including programmatic advertising), retargeting, cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information about your browsing behavior.
4(c) Our collection and use of your information aids our legitimate interests in managing our business and the website. Our legitimate interests include, but are not limited to:
- tracking traffic to the website to ensure the future viability of our business and the website;
- understanding how users use the website;
- understanding which services users value;
- improving the functionality and content of the website;
- ensuring the website and our network is safe and secure; and
- preventing fraud.
5. How long we retain the information
We retain the information as long as it is reasonably necessary, this includes, but is not limited to, retaining the information until we have complied with all legal, accounting, and reporting requirements.
6. What information we share
There are certain circumstances in which we transfer the information, or parts thereof, to employees, contractors, service providers, and/or other third parties (collectively, the “third parties”). These third parties may process your personal data for us, and the parts of the information we provide to the third parties will only pertain to the function of each third party. The third parties will not be permitted to use the information for any purposes other than those outlined in the Privacy Notice. Your personal information may be transferred to other third-party organisations in certain scenarios, including but not limited to, scenarios pursuant to the sale or transfer of any part of our business, in which case the information may be provided to prospective purchasers/transferees.
7. What rights you have
You have certain rights in relation to the information, described in more detail below. Some of these rights will only apply in certain circumstances.
- Request: you are entitled to ask us if we are collecting and processing your information.
- Access: If we are processing your information, you may request access to your information, and receive a copy of the information pertaining to you.
- Correction: you may request that any inaccurate information about you is corrected.
- Erasure: you may request that we delete or remove your information, but we may refuse such requests if, for example, the personal data is required for compliance with any legal obligation or is connected to any claims.
- Transfer: you may request the transfer of your information to another party.
- Objection: where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) you may challenge this. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information based on our legitimate interests or where this is relevant to legal claims.
- You may also object to collection of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
8. Our direct marketing practices
We may use the information you give us on the website for direct marketing purposes to provide communications of interest to you. We will only do this with your consent (where required by law).
9. Our use of third-party tools
11. Our security measures
In order to protect your information, we have implemented physical and technical safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
12. Links to third-party websites
13. Children may not submit personal information
We do not knowingly collect any information from any persons under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not submit any personal information to us.